Thursday, September 8, 2011

It is beginning to "look" like fall!

I attended my nephews baseball practice the other day and it was nice and cloudy out. Driving up to the baseball field in my car I got an overwhelming "fall feeling". It just looked colder outside. I usually get the "fall feeling" around this time of year and I immediately wax nostalgic about school supplies (sharpened pencils, brightly colored never-been-written-in notebooks, new backpacks). I loved this time of year as a kid and I still love it now. I start itching to crack out the boots and scarves! I really want to put together an outfit like this...

Image via thevintageapple


Unfortunately, being that I live in Florida, when I stepped out of the car to walk up to the practice field I was enveloped in a blanket of humidity and 90something temperatures. The illusion was broken. No scarves or boots in this girls near future. Probably another couple of months of flip-flops and tank-tops.

Oh well. I can't complain too much seeing as the rest of the country has been dealing with some pretty horrific weather as of late. We have had a relatively mild summer in the grand scheme of things and I will gladly take a few more months of warm temperatures in lieu of record breaking heat, massive fires, earthquakes, and epic flooding.

I am counting my blessings but I am still dreaming of scarves, boots, and Pumpkin Spiced Lattes!

No comments:

Post a Comment